Travel Smart. Travel Secure. Trust in Let's Go Insure.


What cover is available under my policy in relation to Coronavirus and Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice or change in FCDO advice?

From 29th September 2020

NEW policies sold will provide cover for Cancellation should any insured person on your policy become ill with an infectious disease, including contracting COVID-19.

Our policies have always and continue to provide cover for Medical Expenses & Repatriation if you catch COVID-19 whilst you are abroad

Please note:

Our policies do not provide cover for Cancellation caused by:

  • A change in FCDO advice
  • Where the FCDO advise against all or all but essential travel, due to COVID-19 or any other pandemic.

Our policies will not provide ANY cover If you travel to a destination where the FCDO is advising against all or all but essential travel.

Full details of the cover and terms and conditions can be found in your policy wording.


Policies sold between 16th March 2020 and 28th September 2020 inclusive, there is no cover under this policy for:

  • Cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises you not to travel, for example where the FCDO advise against all but essential travel to an area affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2.
  • Any claims as a result of Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARSCOV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. Except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. This will only apply if you did not travel against the published advice of the FCDO, any local government, local authority or WHO.
How do I find out which country is classed as Europe or Worldwide?

Definitions are provided in our policy wording. Alternatively click the help button alongside the available destinations during the online quote.

What is an Excess?

An excess is the amount that is payable by you for each and every claim that you are responsible for. The excess will apply per person and per claim. The excess that applies to your policy can be found in the Schedule of Cover or Policy Wording for the policy you have chosen.

Can I remove the excess?

Many of our schemes offer an excess waiver option. This removes any excesses which apply under the various sections of the policy. You would not be responsible for paying anything in the event of a claim if you have taken out the excess waiver. The only exception to this relates to pre-existing medical conditions, where the medical screening company has increased the medical excess.

Do you cover Repatriation?

Repatriation is included under the Medical Expenses section of the policy. In all cases, you must contact the assistance company in the event you need to be repatriated back to the UK. The assistance company must give their approval and will be able to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Is baggage covered?

Baggage is covered as standard on all our policies. Terms and conditions apply. Please see policy wording for full details.

Would I be covered if I had to cancel due to ill health?

The policy provides cover under the cancellation section of the policy due to ill health, subject to the policy terms and conditions.

What is covered?

The travel insurance products that we offer provide cover under various sections. They include Medical Expenses, Personal Effects and Baggage, and Personal Liability. There are also various other areas of cover provided. Please refer to the relevant Schedule of Cover.

What is a pre-existing medical condition?

The definition of a pre-existing medical condition varies depending on which of our policies you purchase. The policy wording provides a definition of a pre-existing medical condition and the appropriate action you need to take. Go to Policy Information to view the Policy Wordings.

Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?

Most of our policies use a medical screening company to see if it is possible to cover your pre-existing medical condition(s). You would need to follow the instructions provided in the Policy Wording.

Should I take an EHIC (E111) with me when I travel?

It is not compulsory to travel with an EHIC, however it is strongly advisable if you are travelling to an EU country, as it may cover some standard medical costs. There is also the possibility that, if you have any excesses to pay and you produce the EHIC card, your excess will be removed.

NB. the EHIC has limited cover/benefits and will NOT cover your costs in the event of the need to repatriate you to your own country.

How do I obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

Before you travel, you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), either from your local Post Office or apply online at

Are we covered by our travel insurance if we wanted to drive while abroad?

The policy covers you whilst driving abroad, however personal liability cover will not apply. We do not provide cover for the vehicle as this should have been arranged with an appropriate motor insurance for this.

Do I need winter sports cover if I’m skiing?

We include skiing as a winter sport activity and you would need to take out winter sports cover. Full details of winter sports activities and cover can be found in the Policy Wording.

Can I arrange cover to ride motorbikes over 125cc?

Our Adventure/Activity Holidays Policy has an option to cover any engine size provided the appropriate licence is held and safety equipment (e.g. a helmet) is worn whilst riding. There is no Public Liability cover or cover for the motorbike itself. See Policy Wording for full details.

Am I covered for safaris?

Depending on which of our policies you chose, cover for safaris that are organised in the UK is included. If the safari is non-UK organised, an additional premium needs to be charged and you would need to refer to the list of Hazardous Pursuits/Activities for the relevant policy to see which category you would require. Both options are only available providing that no firearms are used.

Is scuba diving covered?

All our policies offer cover for scuba diving, but depth covered as standard varies from policy to policy. You may increase the depth subject to an additional premium and providing you hold the relevant recognised qualification. Please refer to the Policy Wording for the details that apply to the policy.

Do you cover children to travel alone?

Yes, children can travel alone, but they will be charged the standard adult rate.

Can you travel separately on an annual multi-trip policy?

Our annual multi-trip cover enables any adults to travel independently of each other. Independent travel is permitted for children on Family and Single Parent Family policies provided they are living in the same household and travelling in accordance with any carrier requirements and are either accompanied by another responsible adult or are staying with and being met at their destination by a responsible adult.

Is an annual multi-trip policy suitable for long stay trips?

Our annual multi-trip policies allow you to travel for up to 31 days at any one time.

Is there a restriction on how many times I can travel on an annual multi-trip policy?

The number of times you travel is unlimited on an annual multi-trip policy.

Do I have to tell you every time I travel on an annual multi-trip policy?

No, on an annual policy you do not need to inform us when you are travelling.

I am taking a large group abroad. Are they covered?

Please contact us to arrange a suitable quotation, as we may be able to offer an alternative policy appropriate to the type of trip being undertaken.

What do I do if my money or possessions are stolen whilst I'm away?

You will need to obtain a police report within 24 hours, then contact our claims team when you return to the UK. Our policy does not provide cover for replacement money to be sent to you whilst still on your holiday.

The price quoted - is it the total or is it per person?

All prices quoted are in total for the number of travellers you have entered when obtaining your quotation and include IPT.

What does IPT mean?

IPT stands for Insurance Premium Tax and is automatically included in all our prices at the current rate of 20%. This is a Government Tax.

If I wanted to buy a policy, are there any forms to fill out and send to you?

You do not need to complete any forms or send anything to us. We issue all documents online and you are instantly covered. It’s as easy as that.

How quickly do I receive the documents?

All your policy documentation will be e-mailed to you as soon as your purchase is complete. If you lose your Policy documentation we can arrange to resend it by email. Go to the Contact Us page and either email or call us with your request.

Do I have to take all the documents with me when I travel?

It would be advisable to take your policy documents with you when travelling. If this is not possible, make sure you have a note of your policy number and the emergency telephone numbers you may need. If you do forget we can send an SMS with your policy number and the emergency telephone number upon your request.

Is your website secure?

Yes, our website is secure; when you press the debit/credit card button you will be able to see the padlock in the top right-hand corner of your screen.

Is there any FCDO advice available for my travel destination?

Below are a number of links to the FCDO website where official up-to-date information can be found, including helpful travel advice & tips for British nationals overseas.

Travel Advice by Country, including warnings about ‘no-go’ countries, countries where only essential travel is recommended, the latest travel updates, and travel advice country by country.

Travel News, is an archive of travel related news items from all around the world.

Travel Aware, is an ongoing campaign to help Brits stay safe and healthy abroad.